wannabe indie ◈ video games ◈ music ◈ sfx ◈ api design
added a new mechanic where you need to unscrew panels in order to access inventories \o/ #GodotEngine #gamedev
it doesn't look like much, but i've been porting my inventory code over to rust and I finally got inventory switching to work. I'm almost done!
it's so hard to show off what i'm doing sometimes, but i'm almost done with my godot/rust inventory system refactor and it's very exciting to me
mfw i look into how to decompose a matrix but then i end up just brute forcing the solution.
Started porting my inventory code over to rust... it was a little painful (ran into a couple of weird issues) but now i can actually have types! exciting stuff.
The more I use gdscript, the more convinced I am that it actively hates types and compile-time guarantees.
Well, I can open the boxes now. \o/ #GodotEngine
Implemented a simple character controller. There are items in those boxes, but I can't open them yet!
and now flipping shapes works \o/
refactored my project and got rotation working more appropriately \o/
The cursor placement is weird, but I got picking up shapes and multiple inventories working c:
Got a proper inventory grid implemented!
rotating, translating, and doing collision checking for 2d boolean arrays is kind of confusing but I think I'm finally getting there.
I feel like i understand dnb better, but OH GOD ITS STILL SO HARD TO DO
Up early and well rested! Looking forward to being productive today \o/
Gender Dysphoria v1.1 removes the confusing pausing in the dialog and fixes some bugs, most notably related to some branches not showing up! https://exodrifter.itch.io/gender-dysphoria/devlog/303398/gender-dysphoria-v11-released
Well, I guess it's submitted to IGF now.
A newer server operated by the Mastodon gGmbH non-profit