Show newer

Uploaded a little video about tinkering on my the WeirdCube: youtube.com/watch?v=AFRlRBzmQC

Just replacing the X gantry bracket with a more solid revision in transparent green.

I was able to finally complete the first working prototype of the WeirdCube 3D printer. The blog article describes the last steps I took to finally make it print. I'm so glad it worked on first try, and the results are really beyond my expectations!

m8geil.de/posts/weirdcube-5/

The 4th devlog for my journey to build my own 3D printer I named the WeirdCube. Read and watch me (videos at the end of the blog article) design and assemble the Core XY motion system on the WeridCube m8geil.de/posts/weirdcube-4/

I started building my own I call it the WeirdCube - the CAD model of the frame is done now. In the coming weeks or months I'm going to assemble it and develop the other parts that are missing. Check out my blog post here: m8geil.de/posts/weirdcube-1/

The last week was another very busy week for me. I finished the design on the MakerGrid, worked on the spool holder (with MakerGrid extension), uploaded MakerGrid to Thingiverse & Prusa Printers and also experimented with the Raspberry Pi Pico, LEDs and Bluetooth a bit! Make sure to checkout my new blog post: m8geil.de/posts/week-of-weird-

I designed an angle joint for the MakerGrid. And with this part, I also printed my first in-place print. That means the joint is not snapped together afterwards, but printed in place and comes rotatable from the build plate.

This was really fun, and it's going to be useful for many things now.

New week of weird constructions and a blog post: m8geil.de/posts/week-of-weird-
This weekend I developed the MakerGrid, a 3D printable clip based platform for experimenting/prototyping/tinkering. I also contributed more stuff to the rp-hal Rust embedded ecosystem.

New Blog post: m8geil.de/posts/week-of-weird-

This week I've reimplemented the HexKnob for the HexoTK rewrite (for HexoSynth) and also dived into the embedded Rust ecosystem by writing/cleaning up examples for SD card access and driving an WS2812 LED strip on an Raspberry Pi Pico using Rust.

Hope everyone had a great new year! I certainly had and put some time into my homepage. If you are interested in 3D printing you might want to checkout my first blog post: m8geil.de/posts/3d-print-filam

Welcome my new early X-mas present, my new Kingroon KP3S 3.0 printer. Due to shipping times for the Prusa Mini I looked for an alternative for a small 3D printer and found it!

An essential widget is the text entry widget for almost every GUI toolkit. So here I started work on a new entry for HexoTK.

Ported the WichText widget to HexoTK today. It's good that all the toolkits I tried used femtovg, so porting the drawing code, was the easiest task.

The third iteration of the case design. I did add a light sensor holder and also had to gave the pico board more clearance. Also the alignment helpers on top were moved too much out and I had to make them smaller again. .

After a morning of designing a case for the Raspberry Pi Pico and printing, I found a few things I need to adjust for the next iteration. As usual, most holes or measurements are too tight for the inaccuracies of the 3D printer (up to +- 0.4mm). Please don't mind the bad texture of the prints, the PLA I'm using for the prototypes is really old. .

Soldering the internals of the RGB LED cube has been a small challenge but worked out fine. I was afraid the hot glue would not hold or the solder heat would melt the PLA. The hardware design took about 9 iterations to get to this state.

I've been working on the RGB LED cube project yesterday and today. The current goal is to make a little lamp that enables on dawn for a few hours automatically. Ultimately I want to make a bigger more modular and addressable lamp.

Show older
Mastodon

A newer server operated by the Mastodon gGmbH non-profit