Language selection is now available in the Mastodon web app. Make sure your posts are seen by people who understand them!
Supports quickly finding the right language with fuzzy search and remembers your most frequently selected languages.
"It's not a complete win. The court still allows for the surgery ban to stay in effect, as well as the forced outing provisions. These are still extremely harmful to trans kids but their medical care will not be criminalized."
"BREAKING: Federal Court enjoins Alabama from enforcing the FELONY gender affirming care ban. Says the law is likely unconstitutional b/c it violates parent's fundamental right to direct medical care and discriminates on the basis of gender non-conformity."
Today on Sick, Sad World:
"America is running out of baby formula because 3 companies control the market and babies aren't that profitable"
asking for money help, please boost
i need $35 for my phone bill, $75 to uber to an eyeglasses appointment and back, $80 to order groceries, and $60 for medical weed
$250 in total
i have to work from home because i have asthma and catching covid is a major health risk for me. in addition, my ADHD is untreatable due to schizophrenia so i need to work at my own pace. i've been doing freelance video editing (portfolio and contact info below) but that alone isn't enough to keep me afloat. i've also opened up my own etsy shop at http://jette.black
if you're interested in hiring me to video edit, my portfolio and contact info can be found at https://verticallyalignedcarbonnano.tube
thank you so much for saving my life multiple times and continuing to keep me alive, fediverse!!!
We just created a #gofundme for my healthcare (colonoscopy + gastroscopy) and electricity bills.
We have to raise around 1000€.
You can read more about it on the GoFundMe link below.
Any help is appreciated, thank you. Please boost 🙏🏻
It's better to provide a real-world example understand how dumb the EU's argument for #chatcontrol is.
Their argument is basically that they have to implement client-side checks on all the messaging apps to protect children from abuse.
Besides the sheer absurdity of the implementation of client-side checks for *all* the available apps out there, while not reducing people's privacy and not creating a backdoor that malicious actors will be eager to exploit, and besides the macroscopic contradictions in the EU's position (first they called E2E encryption a civic right, then they push for client-side checks on those E2E-encrypted chats), it's appropriate to provide a real-world example.
Most of the domestic abuse doesn't happen online. It happens within the domestic walls.
If we follow the EU's logic, it's therefore appropriate to push everyone with kids in the EU to install surveillance cameras and mics in their homes (you know, to ensure that they don't abuse their kids). Or maybe keep the doors of their houses open so authorities can immediately intervene in case of abuse.
In other words, is it allowed to drastically lower the bar for privacy and security for everyone for the benefit of a minority, without first considering if there are smarter solutions to solve the problems of that minority? Just to name a few: invite parents to pay more attention to what their kids do online, or establish a European emergency line with specialists immediately within reach in case of reports.
Today the European Commission will publish a proposal for a new law which will make the interception, analysis and monitoring of *ALL* digital communications (messengers, forums, direct messages etc.) mandatory.
yet another petition to please stop referring to trans women and trans female adjacent identities under the catch all 'femmes'.
1. we're not all feminine presenting, this personally causes me dysphoria and delayed aspects of my transition as it invalidates my identity as a not feminine presenting trans woman.
2. it's reductive of women in general. women don't have to present feminine. more inclusive doesn't mean more just. especially when it implies some trans women aren't welcome, or excludes women with GNC presentation in order to be inclusive of people who may be more privileged.
3. why not let lesbians have a term for presentation which looks feminine but is explicitly for the benefit of women and non-men? we don't have much what with compulsory heterosexuality and all. as a lesbian trans woman i like to be able to consider my presentation can exist outside the norms of male desire which will never validate me as a unique individual.
Reasons I may have no to followed you back:
1. Your instance doesn't have any rules against hate speech, discrimination etc
2. You predominantly make posts in a language other than English (sorry my dumb butt can only read English).
3. You didn't set any kind of profile information, you should really do that ~
4. I don't know, I got buried in notifications and I'll find you eventually and follow you and haunt you for the rest of time hahah nya ha
Open Source, Geek, Interpreted Languages, Transgender, She/Her. @sporkypuff is my cute girlfriend.
A newer server operated by the Mastodon gGmbH non-profit